Hosted by Jamie @ The Perpetual Page-Turner
Number Of Books You Read: 145
Number of Re-Reads: 7
Genre You Read The Most From: Contemporary
1. Best Book You Read In 2014?
(If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist)
I'm breaking it down by the two genres I read the most of last year -- suspense and contemporary romance.
Checkmate by Steven James
Meant To Be Mine by Becky Wade
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Nowhere To Turn by Lynette Eason. I loved the first book in this series, but this one just wasn't a favorite.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
Revolutionary by Krista McGee. There were so many surprising things that happened in that book/series!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
The Christiansen Family by Susan May Warren is the best series I started last year. Dancing With Fireflies by Denise Hunter or Meant To Be Mine by Becky Wade was the best sequel, and Checkmate by Steven James was the best series ender.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
Probably Tamera Alexander.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
An Amish Family Christmas by Murray Pura. I don't read a lot of Amish, but this one was really good!
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Dancing With Fireflies by Denise Hunter is one book I did not want to put down, so I'll go with that one. :)
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Meant To Be Mine by Becky Wade. I've been wanting to reread that book since I first read it!
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
11. Most memorable character of 2014?
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
I don't know...maybe It Had To Be You by Susan May Warren?
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
gods at War by Kyle Idleman.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
I don't really keep favorite quotes written down, so I can't say.
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Longest stand-alone book according to Goodreads is Checkmate by Steven James (544 pages)
Shortest is A Home In The West by Lori Copeland. (16 pages)
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Revolutionary by Krista McGee.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
I don't know if you can pick already established couples, but if so my choice is Luca and Lia from Deluge by Lisa T. Bergren.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Ralph and Patrick from Checkmate by Steven James.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Same as favorite book(s) for the year (first question).
21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
The first Harry Potter book. I basically only read it because I knew a couple people who were reading it at the same time, so I read it too. Haven't read the next books and don't know if I ever will, even though I enjoyed book one.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
I don't have any.
23. Best 2014 debut you read?
Storm Siren by Mary Weber.
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Cress by Marissa Meyer.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Meant To Be Mine by Becky Wade.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
There were probably several, but I'll go with Checkmate by Steven James since I know I was so close to tears reading that one.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Yesterday by Amanda Tru.
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
None that I can think of.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
Mindwar by Andrew Klavan.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
I don't really get mad with books.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
An Heiress At Heart by Jennifer Delamere
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?
Sabotaged by Dani Pettrey.
3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
I can't think of any.
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
Sabotaged by Dani Pettrey.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
Be more consistent with replying to comments.
6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
I haven't read any 2015 releases yet.