Hosted by The Perpetual Page-turner
1. Best Book You Read In 2011?
This is such a tough question... and I can't just choose one, I'll list my top three favorite books:
Vigilante by Robin Parrish
The Queen by Steven James
Torrent by Lisa Tawn Bergren
This is easy, the most disappointing book was Inside Threat by Jason Elam and Steve Yohn - and not because it wasn't good (I gave the book four stars), but because of the horrible ending!!
Heiress by Susan May Warren - there were so many twists that I kept being shocked!!! I loved that book :)
4. Book you recommended to people most in 2011?
Probably Vigilante by Robin Parrish or The River of Time Trilogy by Lisa Tawn Bergren.
5. Best series you discovered in 2011?
There are two: Patrick Bowers Files by Steven James and River of Time Trilogy by Lisa Tawn Bergren
6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2011?
Lisa Tawn Bergren
Laurie Alice Eakes
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
I can't really think of any that was out of my comfort zone that I read, but The Economics of Ego Surplus by Paul McDonnold was a different type of book than I normally read; however, I really enjoyed it!
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2011?
Definitely the Patrick Bowers Files (all five of them!!) by Steven James and Vigilante by Robin Parrish!
9. Book you most anticipated in 2011?
Over the Edge by Brandilyn Collins - it did not disappoint!! I loved it! :)
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2011?
These are my two favorite book covers from books I've read in 2011:
11. Most memorable character in 2011?
There are a lot - I don't have a most memorable, but here are some that were very memorable:
Nolan Gray from Vigilante by Robin Parrish
Gabi, Lia, Marcus, and Luca from The River of Time Trilogy by Lisa Tawn Bergren
Tessa and Patrick from the Patrick Bowers Files by Steven James
Shaun O'Neil from Stalker in the Shadows by Camy Tang
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2011?
Again, there are a lot, but I'll say Heiress by Susan May Warren
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2011?
Inside Threat by Jason Elam and Steven Yohn - I cried for a long time after finishing this book...
14. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2011 to finally read?
The Pawn, The Rook, The Knight, and The Bishop (all part of The Patrick Bowers Files) by Steven James!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2011?
I can't think of any.
16. Book That You Read In 2011 That Would Be Most Likely To Reread In 2012?
Vigilante by Robin Parrish
Waterfall, Cascade, and Torrent by Lisa Tawn Bergren
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? Be careful of spoilers!
The final scenes in Inside Threat by Steven James and Steven Yohn... I started crying and I wanted to talk about the scene, but it was way too emotional!
Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2011
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2011?
There are two:
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2011?
The Colonel's Lady by Laura Frantz
3. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I'd say the Waterfall Wednesdays - that was really fun! :)
4. Best moment of book blogging in 2011?
Getting my first blog post comment and follower - that was really special! :)
5. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Interview & Book Giveaway: Lisa Tawn Bergren ♦ Author of the 'River of Time' Series is the post with most views and Karen Kingsbury's 9/11 Series Book Giveaway with most comments. Considering these are both giveaways, I'll mention the post with most views that isn't a giveaway - My Fourth Blog Award ~ Tell Me About Yourself Award!
6. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
2012 Christian Suspense Challenge
7. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Fiction Addiction Fix
8. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I didn't start this blog until February, so I didn't have any reading challenges until later.
I finished these challenges:
Goodreads Reading Challenge - 80 books
2011 Christian Suspense Challenge - 40 books
1st in a Series Challenge - 12 books
2nds Challenge - 12 books
1. One Book You Didn't Get To In 2011 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2012?
Ten Plagues by Mary Nealy & Gone to Ground by Brandilyn Collins- I'll read these books as soon as I have time!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2012?
How can I list just one?
Here's a list of books that I am so looking forward to reading!!!
Opening Moves by Steven James
Baroness by Susan May Warren
Loving by Karen Kingsbury
In Too Deep by Mary Connealy
Mortal by Ted Dekker & Tosca Lee
Lethal Legacy by Irene Hannon
Relentless Pursuit by Kathy Herman
Blue Moon Promise by Colleen Coble
Shades of Truth by Sandra Orchard
Tributary by Lisa Tawn Bergren
Frantic by Mike Dellosso
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2012?
Read 100-125 books, reach 200 GFC followers, and help readers find great books! :)