If you shop through my Amazon link for anything, I'll earn a small percentage. Thank you so much. :) Christian Books and Bibles

Monday, September 21, 2026

Review: The Spy Keeper of Marseille by Roseanna M. White


About the book:



In occupied France, a woman becomes a spy for the Resistance and rises to lead the largest intelligence operation in the country in this propulsive new World War II historical novel by bestselling author Roseanna M. White.

Marseille, France, 1941. Zelie Bellerose never fit the mold of an army officer's wife. She was too passionate in her convictions, too indifferent to societal expectations. After her husband is killed in the war, Zelie focuses on securing a brighter future for her children, hoping to help free her country from the Nazi regime by joining the Resistance. She is soon one of the most trusted operatives in Alliance, and when their leader is imprisoned, she takes command, hiding her identity from all but a few. With enemies closing in, Zelie must earn the trust of her network and prove herself to those who doubt a woman's place at the helm of France's largest spy ring.

Marcel Laurent was a renowned concert pianist before joining the French army and being sent to a POW camp. Freed in a prisoner exchange by a wealthy businessman with ties to the Resistance, Marcel agrees to spy for Alliance by conducting a youth orchestra, gathering intelligence from patrons who are loose-lipped Nazi sympathizers. Marcel's weekly radio broadcasts introducing the orchestra's performances give him the perfect cover to send coded messages over the airwaves.

As Zelie and Marcel grow closer through their shared love of music, she begins to rely on him. But betrayal from within Alliance puts everything they've fought for at risk. When a double agent infiltrates their ranks and the two are captured, their bond faces its greatest test . . . and any misstep could jeopardize not only Alliance but the very outcome of the war.
Tyndale.com
My rating:
5 stars
(View my rating system)
My thoughts:

The Spy Keeper of Marseille was a wonderful read. I read it while in a reading slump and yet this book had me wanting to keep reading. I loved the characters and storyline. I felt for the main character and how she had to make difficult choices.

The book had some intense moments and memorable scenes. I thought it was written very well and think readers who enjoy WWI/WWII novels will enjoy this one. 

The romance was really sweet and I enjoyed seeing it grow. I loved how he was so selfless at times - especially with a certain thing he did towards the end.

All in all, The Spy Keeper of Marseille was another great read from a favorite author. I recommend it!

*Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention/review it on my blog. I was not required to give a positive review, only my honest opinion - which I've done. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own and I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.*

This post may contain “affiliate links.” This means if you click on a link with my affiliate code and purchase an item(s), I will receive an affiliate commission. You won't be charged extra, I'll just receive a small percentage of the purchase price. See my disclosure page here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I love reading them! Comments are moderated and I reserve the right to not publish any comment that I find to be offensive (i.e. foul language, inappropriate content, etc.) or spam.

Thanks for stopping by and for commenting! =)

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ~ Philippians 4:8

Some of the links in my blog posts, tweets, social media posts, etc. contain “affiliate links.” This means if you click on a link with my affiliate code and purchase an item(s), I will receive an affiliate commission. You won't be charged extra, I'll just receive a small percentage of the purchase price. See my disclosure page here.
Powered by Blogger.